DetailsImportant Note: ArduIMU is not an Autopilot. It is just an orientation solution (the heart of an Autopilot) and can be used on anything where you want to know its orientation in respect to the ground - boats, cars, rockets or even your dog. To learn more about IMUs, read here.
ArduIMU V3 features the new MPU-6000 that includes 3 axis gyros & accelerometers built-in, the latest 3 axis I2C magnetometer HMC-5883L and the classic but very robust Arduino Atmega328 running at 16Mhz.
MPU-6000 uses SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) instead of I2C for max performance.
- Tri-Axis angular rate sensor (gyro) with a sensitivity up to 131 LSBs/dps and a full-scale range of ±250, ±500, ±1000, and ±2000dps
- Tri-Axis accelerometer with a programmable full scale range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g and ±16g
- Reduced settling effects and sensor drift by elimination of board-level cross-axis alignment errors between accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Digital Motion Processing (DMP) engine offloads complex MotionFusion, sensor timing synchronization and gesture detection with supported software (not yet currently supported in DIY Drones code)
- Full Chip Idle Mode Supply Current: 5µA
- On-chip timing generator with ±1% frequency variation over full temperature range
- User self test
- 10,000g shock tolerant
Other ArduIMU V3 features:
- Pin compatible with ArduIMU V2.
- Breadboard compatible (ArduIMU V2 was not!).
- Smaller size (1.5" x 1.0").
- Atmega CPU has more % available for other tasks.
- The 6 analog pins are now available!
- Arduino compatible and open source.
- 3 status LED's (RGB).
- I2C port with 3.3V translation.
- GPS port with FTDI autoswitch.
- This device is suitable for ANY application from rockets to simple movement detection.
- Arduino Sketch example using DCM
- Arduino Testing Source Code
- Eagle Files
- Additional Information
Type Orientation IMU Type Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer On-Board AHRS Yes Arduino-Compatible Yes IMU Input Voltage 6V to 12V IMU Interface Bluetooth, FTDI, I2C, Serial, SPI, xBee IC Name HMC5883L, MPU-6000 IC Manufacturer Honeywell, Invensense Digital Pins 1 Analog Pins 6 PWM Pins 2