Explore Labs GPS Receiver based on the u-blox MAX-M7C module is a 56-channel GNSS device that captures the various satellite signals and provides accurate location and time information. It supports GPS, GLONASS, QZSS and SBAS systems like (WAAS, EGNOS and MSAS). It has an operating voltage of 3.3V to 5.5V, a high quality ceramic patch antenna on board, and connects to your system via TTL serial broken out on 2.54 cm breadboard compatible pads.
- Supports GPS, GLONASS, QZSS and SBAS systems like (WAAS, EGNOS and MSAS).
- Upto 10 Hz update rate.
- 44 square mm Ground Plane for better antenna gain and directivity.
- External I2C EEPROM for receiver configuration storage
- Backup battery for efficient warm start. Currently provides backup time of TBD.
- Power Input: 3.3V to 5V Input. Or, If connected to an IMU 9 DOF AHRS, may be powered by a Single-cell Lithium Polymer battery.
- 1 TTL UART port (Tx, Rx pins are 5V ready).
- Power LED - Red and Timepulse LED - Blue
- JST-SH six pin horizontal connector - 1.0mm pitch (EM-406, EM-506 compatibile).
- Dimensions: 44 mm x 44 mm x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 35 grams
- Fully assembled and ready to use.
- Supports direct connection with Explore Labs IMU 9 DOF AHRS.
- Code library: TinyGPS.
- 56-channel u-blox 7 engine
- Tracking & Navigation Sensitivity for GPS: -161 dBm
- Horizontal position accuracy: 2.5m CEP
- Time-To-First-Fix for GPS (Cold Start) : 29s (Open Sky)
- Maximum Navigation Update Rate:
- For GPS: 10Hz
- For GLONASS: 10Hz
- Can be used in UAVs or Hot Air Balloon (HAB) projects.
- Can be used for evaluating the ublox MAX positioning module.
- Vehicle Tracking System and as Fleet Management for Logistics.
- Geocaching - Treasure Hunt.
- Data Sheet: u-blox MAX-7
- Additional Information
Processor No Architecture No Clock Speed No Digital Pins No Analog Pins No PWM Pins No Hardware UART No Programming Interface No Flash Memory No Operating Voltage No Power Output No Antenna No Range (Indoor/Urban) No Range (Outdoor/RF Line of Sight) No Channel Capacity No Frequency No Transmit Current @ 3.3V No