Explore Labs GPS Receiver is a 72-channel GNSS device based on the uBlox 8th generation chipset that captures the various satellite signals and provides accurate location and time information. It supports GPS, GLONASS, COMPASS (BeiDou) and SBAS systems like GAGAN, EGNOS, MSAS and QZSS. It has an operating voltage of 3.3V to 5.5V, a high quality ceramic patch antenna on board, and connects to your system via TTL serial broken out on 2.54 cm breadboard compatible pads.
- Supports GPS, GLONASS, COMPASS (BeiDou) and SBAS systems like GAGAN, EGNOS, MSAS and QZSS.
- Concurrent reception of two satellite signals, for example - GPS with GLONASS is possible unlike MAX-7C module where only one signal is available at a time.
- Upto 18 Hz update rate for GPS-only mode.
- 44 square mm Ground Plane for better antenna gain and directivity.
- External I2C EEPROM for receiver configuration storage
- Backup battery for efficient warm start. Currently provides backup time of TBD.
- Power Input: 3.3V to 5V Input. Or, If connected to an IMU 9 DOF AHRS, may be powered by a Single-cell Lithium Polymer battery.
- 1 TTL UART port (Tx, Rx pins are 5V ready).
- Power LED - Red and Timepulse LED - Blue
- JST-SH six pin horizontal connector - 1.0mm pitch (EM-406, EM-506 compatibile).
- Dimensions: 44 mm x 44 mm x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 35 grams
- Fully assembled and ready to use.
- Supports direct connection with Explore Labs IMU 9 DOF AHRS.
- Code library: TinyGPS.
- 72-channel u-blox M8 engine
- Tracking & Navigation Sensitivity for GPS & GLONASS: –167 dBm
- Horizontal position accuracy: 2.5m CEP
- Time-To-First-Fix for GPS & GLONASS (Cold Start) : 26s (Open Sky)
- Maximum Navigation Update Rate:
- For GPS & GLONASS: 10Hz
- For GPS only: 18Hz
- Can be used in UAVs or Hot Air Balloon (HAB) projects.
- Can be used for evaluating the ublox MAX positioning module.
- Vehicle Tracking System and as Fleet Management for Logistics.
- Geocaching - Treasure Hunt.
- Data Sheet: u-blox MAX-M8
Note:These modules are flashed with firmware version 2.01. The latest firmware released by u-blox is firmware version 3.01 which supports COMPASS (BeiDou) signals and concurrent reception of three satellite systems simultaneously. However, since MAX-M8Q modules do not have SPI flash memory on-board, firmware upgrade is only possible during manufacturing process by the factory.
- Additional Information
Processor No Architecture No Clock Speed No Digital Pins No Analog Pins No PWM Pins No Hardware UART No Programming Interface No Flash Memory No Operating Voltage No Power Output No Antenna No Range (Indoor/Urban) No Range (Outdoor/RF Line of Sight) No Channel Capacity No Frequency No Transmit Current @ 3.3V No