IMU 9DoF Fusion is a 9 Degrees of Freedom sensor board created using Invensense's MPU-6150 and Honeywell's HMC5883L.
MPU-6150 combines a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer on the same silicon die together with an onboard Digital Motion Processor™ (DMP™) capable of processing complex 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms. The parts’ integrated 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms access external magnetometers or other sensors through an auxiliary master I²C bus, allowing the devices to gather a full set of sensor data without intervention from the system processor (AUX interface is currently not broken out on board!).
Digital Motion Processing™ (DMP™) engine offloads complex MotionFusion, sensor timing synchronization and gesture detection
The Honeywell HMC5883L is an ultra-small sensor designed for low-field magnetic sensing with a digital interface for applications such as low-cost compassing and magnetometry.
It comes with an advanced feature of Auto Voltage Level Selection and Shifting which enables the user to input any voltage between 3.3V to 5.5V and still be able to use the sensor Breakout without any external regulators, Level Shifters or Pull-up Resistors.
• Supports input voltage from 3.3 to 5.5 volts .
• All the voltage level shifting has been taken care of on-board.
• Y-axes of both the MPU-6150 & HMC5883L are aligned on-board.
• Supports I2C communication @ 100 kHz.
• No Pull-up Resistors required.
• Tri-Axis angular rate sensor (gyro) with a sensitivity up to 131 LSBs/dps and a full-scale range of ±250, ±500, ±1000, and ±2000dps
• Tri-Axis accelerometer with a programmable full scale range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g and ±16g
• Digital-output temperature sensor
• Programmable interrupt supports gesture recognition, panning, zooming, scrolling, free fall interrupt, high-G interrupt, zero-motion detection, tap detection, and shake detection
• Digital-output of 6 or 9-axis MotionFusion data in rotation matrix, quaternion, Euler Angle, or raw data format using Jeff Rowberg's DMP sketch for Arduino.
- Additional Information
Type Orientation IMU Type Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer On-Board AHRS No Arduino-Compatible No IMU Input Voltage 3.3V to 5.5V IMU Interface I2C IC Name HMC5883L, MPU-6050, MPU-6150 IC Manufacturer Honeywell, Invensense Digital Pins No Analog Pins No PWM Pins No