The Evolution Continues
The LulzBot TAZ 4 3D printer represents the latest evolution in high performance desktop 3D printing technology. The LulzBot TAZ 4 is a versatile machine with new features that ensure more consistent, higher quality 3D prints than ever.
Open Source Hardware
All LulzBot products are Open Source Hardware (also known as Libre Hardware), meaning you can adopt the latest and greatest technology being developed across the 3D printing industry. A LulzBot 3D printer was the first hardware product, and remains the only 3D printer, to receive the Free Software Foundation's Respect Your Freedom certification and be fully compliant with the Open Source Hardware Association definition. From experimental filament materials and the modeling software of your choice, to new accessories like hot ends and print surfaces—experience the joy of user freedom!
Large Print Volume
Looking for a desktop 3D printer that can print large items? Like the generations before it, TAZ 4 boasts a spacious 11.7in x 10.8in x 9.8in print area with a controllable heat bed that can print large items, or many small items.
Optional Dual Extruder Upgrade
TAZ 4 is designed with new features and components so you're just a plug-and-play away from using a dual extruder mount to print two different colors—or two different materials—at once!
Please note: Separate purchase of a Dual Extruder Tool Head is required.
Many Filaments To Choose From
What can you print with? LulzBot users have many filaments options beyond common plastics like PLA, ABS, and HIPS. Exotic filament options include nylon, wood- (Laywood), stone- (Laybrick), and rubber-like (NinjaFlex) materials, to name a few. For optimal performance, we suggest printing with LulzBot filament available here on LulzBot.com.
Upgrade And Modify Your Printer
Our Open Source Hardware philosophy empowers you to download/print upgrades and replacement parts for your 3D printer, and make whatever modifications you want! Plus it's compatible with a wide range of Free Software options, meaning the power is in your hands with this versatile machine.
TAZ 4 features tetherless printing through an SD card with a multi-functional graphic LCD controller.
Curious what it's like to unbox a TAZ? Watch SparkFun's nine minute LulzBot TAZ 3D printer unboxing video / quick start guide.
Note: Printing NinjaFlex, and other flexible filaments requires an optional print head found here.
- Overall Dimensions: 680mm x 520mm x 515mm (26.8in x 20.5in x 20.3in)
- Weight: 11kg (24.25lbs)
- Power Requirements: 100 - 240 VAC
- Print Surface: Heated Borosilicate glass bed covered with PET film
- Print Area: 298mm x 275mm x 250mm (11.7in x 10.8in x 9.8in)
- Print Volume: 20,500cm3 (1238 in3) of usable space
- Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec (7.9in/sec)
- Print Tolerance: 0.1mm (0.0039in) in X and Y axes. Z axis is dependent on layer thickness
- Layer Thickness: 0.075mm to 0.35mm (0.003in - 0.0138in)
- Supported Materials: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, and wood filaments
- Usable Filament Sizes: standard 3mm (0.1in)
- Maximum Operating Temperature:
• Extruder - 240C (464F)
• Heated Bed - 120C (248F)
- TAZ 4 3D printer and 24V power supply
- Quick Setup Guide
- Complete documentation including a detailed manual with information for setup, downloading and using software, and starting your first print. Also includes an in depth manual on using Slic3r software
- Filament Feed tube
- Toolkit bag
- 15 Piece Metric Hex Key Set
- Pliers, Needle Nose
- Standard Precision Knife
- Dental Pick
- Flathead Bristle Brush
- Part Removal Knife (clam knife)
- Metric Ruler
- Acetone-safe Bottle (acetone not included)
- Budaschnozzle with 0.35mm Nozzle
- Quick Start Guide
- User Manual
- LulzBot Guides
- LulzBot Downloads
- Product Page
- Product Video
- Additional Information
Processor No Architecture No Clock Speed No Digital Pins No Analog Pins No PWM Pins No Hardware UART No Programming Interface No Flash Memory No Operating Voltage No Power Output No Antenna No Range (Indoor/Urban) No Range (Outdoor/RF Line of Sight) No Channel Capacity No Frequency No Transmit Current @ 3.3V No