The TinyG project is a high performance, USB based CNC 6-axis controller that supports XYZ linear and ABC rotary axes with 4 motor outputs. It is designed for small CNC applications and other applications that require highly controllable motion control. TinyG is meant to be a complete embedded solution for small or medium motor control.
- Full, integrated motion control system with embedded microcontroller (Atmel ATxmega192) and 4 stepper motor drivers (TI DRV8811) integrated on a ~4 inch square board
- Accepts Gcode from USB port and interprets it locally on the board
- 6-axis control (XYZ + ABC rotary axes)
- Acceleration planning performed using constant jerk motion equations (3rd order S curves) for very smooth and fast motion transitions for lines and arcs
- Very smooth step pulse generation using phase-optimized, smart oversampling, fractional step DDA running at 50 Khz with very low jitter (<<1uSec)
- Networkable via RS485 to support motion peripherals and for networking mutliple boards for multi-axis systems and for really interesting projects (up to 1000 stepper axes)
- Stepper drivers handle 2.5 amps per winding which will handle most motors up thru NEMA23 and some NEMA34 motors.
- Micro-stepping up to 1/8 (optimized DDA makes this smoother than many 1/16 implementations)
- Additional Information
Processor No Architecture No Clock Speed No Digital Pins No Analog Pins No PWM Pins No Hardware UART No Programming Interface No Flash Memory No Operating Voltage No Power Output No Antenna No Range (Indoor/Urban) No Range (Outdoor/RF Line of Sight) No Channel Capacity No Frequency No Transmit Current @ 3.3V No